If you ever wanna use your ‘internet connection on laptop’ on your phone,tablet or any other laptop – it will just take a double click and you’re all done!
Microsoft provided inbuilt hotspot feature from Windows 7 and you can enable it by simply two CMD commands instead of using kinda freaky software.So here the detailed info for enabling hotspot!
- GoTo Start > Accessories > CMD
- Right click > Open As Administrator .
- Now type the following (without quotes)
“netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=FreeWiFi key=passwordzz”
- where SSID is name of your WiFi access point and KEY is password for that! Replace with desired values.
- After successful execution of that commant ,it will show the following.
The hosted network mode has been set to allow.
The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
- Now execute the following command “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” and it will show something like this ↓
The Hosted Network Stared.
You’re almost done now! You can grab you mobile and scan for available WiFi networks and your “FREEWIFI” will show up there! You can connect with that using paswordzz as password but there’s no internet access,eh?
This is because your wifi access point FREEWIFI have no internet source. That network is not connected with internet, so it’s time to provide it internet access!
- GoTo Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections
- You will see you hotspot here named under some Wireless Network Connection #.
- Now open ‘properties’ of network having internet access (In my case its wireless network conection under HAGIMARU WiFi access point – In case of broadband its under Local Area Connection)
- Switch to “SHARING” tab. Click on Allow Other Network …….
- Select your Adapter which is acting as WiFi hotspot ( Wireless Network Connection 3 – in my case)
- Click OK and you’re done!! 😀
You may now use your broadband internet connection on your mobile phone too!
THE OTHER WAY:
Simply download script from here – open it in notepad and make necessary modifications,save that – Run that script as Administrator whenever hotspot needed 😉
The GeeKy Part :
This inbuilt WiFi hotspot is way too cool than it sounds. Here’s some cases when you’re gonna need this
- When you need to be your computer and your phone on same WiFi network and you don’t have Router.
- Simply use your broadband on multiple devices.
- Extend your current Router’s range!! Seriously!! Put your laptop at max range of your current router – create a hotspot sharing that Router’s internet – get that internet connection extended upto some more meters 😛
- accessing FTP server made on any of node connected with you hotspot.