P2P protocols are very popular and useful protocol for sharing.Here are some tweaks for making P2P sharing at your optimal speed.This will also speed up torrent downloading.
Trick #1:Optimizing TCP port config
This one is very simple way to get maximum speed but only for Windows.
Download SG TCP Optimizer.Then do following,
- Open it as administrator.
- Select your connection speed (in Kbps try speedtest.net) Don’t Ignore This.
- Select your network adapter (That you use for internet).
- Select Optimal setting
- Apply Changes and a restart would complete the changes.
Look at the snapshot
Some of the anti virus detects this TCP Optimizer but this one is 100% virus and spyware free for reference you could find this on download.com
Trick #2 : Adding Extra Trackers
Adding extra trackers may improve number of Peers who could be seeder and leechers.What does trackers actually do is that it keeps record of all Peers connected to torrent.
Get Hash of your torrent file.It would be looking like a long code.
Search for the the Hash on torrentz or google download similar torrent or copy their trackers.It would be looking like following at torrentz..
Then just copy the trackers on your torrent or just open the torrent with more trackers.I would recommend to copy the trackers because a single torrent my not be containing all the trackers.
Please don’t ask me how.(“if you’re a noob then try to be a pro at your own”)
Trick #3 : Re-Announcing Trackers
Here we gonna tell trackers that the torrent is alive.This trick doesn’t really affects on torrent speed but if the torrent isn’t having very low Peers then this might help.
- There is web app based on php at btreannouncer.net that re-announce the torrent to its trackers.Simply go to http://btreannouncer.net/btReannounce.php and upload your torrent.
- Select all trackers and select a Primary tracker that would be telling others about your torrent.This looks like realtime talk but this just a digital announcing 😀
- Hit the Re-announce button and you’re almost done.
- Download list for your OS (both of those are same)
- Copy them to your torrent.
- You’re done !!!!
Normally this trick is to make a dead torrent alive.
Trick ## : Small tips
- Keep your firewall turned off because it doesn’t really matter towards hackers.
- Change listen port occasionally.
- Make the listen port open in firewall (if you use any firewall)
- Do not limit uploading speed because uploading bandwidth doesn’t affects to downloading.
- Update Trackers every time you turn on or turn off the torrent.
- Select Good torrent
- DOWNLOAD LEGAL STUFF.
- If you’re new to BitTorrent then get some vocabulary on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_vocabulary
As usual If you have questions please write to us,We’re glad to hear you.